- Promotes enhanced serotonin levels‡
- May improve emotional well-being, appetite control and sleep/wake cycles‡
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
5-HTP (5-Hydroxtryptophan) encourages increased serotonin levels in the brain to promote a heightened state of emotional well-being, support appetite control and sleep/wake cycles.‡
Promotes brain serotonin levels to support emotional well-being, healthy eating behavior, and healthy sleep‡
5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an intermediate in the natural synthesis of the essential amino acid, tryptophan, to serotonin. The enzyme tryptophan hydroxylase adds a hydroxyl group (OH) to tryptophan, forming the 5-HTP intermediate. In the body, it converts to serotonin with the removal of a carboxyl group (COOH) by a second enzyme. Serotonin is an important neurotransmitter involved in the regulation of endocrine and brain activity responsible for emotion, appetite and sleep/wake cycles. In clinical studies, administration of 5-HTP supported serotonin production. The 5-HTP supplied in this supplement is derived from the Griffonia simplicifolia plant.‡
5-HTP 50 mg(5-Hydroxytryptophan)
each vegetarian capsule contains:
- 5-hydroxytryptophan50 mg
- other ingredients: hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose), vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
- Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Do not use concurrently with antidepressants.
- 1 capsule, 1-4 times daily, before meals, or as directed by a health professional.